The Asia Foundation WomenIn Scholarship is a highly competitive scholarship program that provides financial assistance to women from Asian countries who wish to pursue a graduate degree in the United States. The program aims to empower women leaders who are committed to advancing their home countries through their academic and professional pursuits.
The scholarship covers tuition and fees, living expenses, and transportation costs for the duration of the recipient’s graduate studies in the United States. The program also provides mentorship and networking opportunities to help scholars develop their leadership skills and build a strong professional network.
The Asia Foundation WomenIn Scholarship is awarded annually to a select group of women who meet the program’s eligibility criteria and demonstrate a strong commitment to serving their home countries. The scholarship seeks to support women who are pursuing graduate degrees in fields that are relevant to the development of their countries, including but not limited to education, public health, law, business, and social sciences.
In addition to providing financial support, The Asia Foundation WomenIn Scholarship program also aims to build a community of women leaders who can inspire and support one another in their academic and professional pursuits. The program provides opportunities for scholars to connect with each other, as well as with alumni and other leaders in their fields, through networking events and professional development activities.
- Host University: USA Universities;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: All subjects;
- Application Deadline: 05/31/2023.
The eligibility requirements for The Asia Foundation WomenIn Scholarship are as follows:
- Gender: Applicants must be female.
- Age: There is no age limit for applicants, but preference will be given to candidates who are below the age of 40.
- Academic Excellence: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a strong academic record.
- English Proficiency: Applicants must be proficient in English, which is the language of instruction in most US universities.
- Admittance to a Graduate Program: Applicants must have been admitted to a graduate-level degree program at a university in the United States.
- Field of Study: Applicants must be pursuing a graduate degree in a field that is relevant to the development of their home country.
- Personal Statement: Applicants must submit a personal statement that describes their academic and professional goals, as well as their commitment to serving their home country.
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must submit at least two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to their academic and professional qualifications.
How to apply:
In order to apply, please follow the steps below:
- Prepare a two-page personal statement that includes information about your academic background, your plans for contributing to the game industry, and a statement about your leadership abilities, character, financial need, and service. The statement must be two pages or less.
- Obtain two signed letters of recommendation. These letters should be from individuals who are familiar with your academic and professional abilities, and who can speak to your potential to make significant contributions to the game industry.
- If you are a current student, you must provide an online transcript and proof of enrollment.
- If you are an early professional, you must provide proof of employment.
All application materials must be uploaded to the application portal. Please note that the selection process is highly competitive and only a limited number of scholarships will be awarded.
For more details, please visit the official website: