The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a prestigious organization dedicated to promoting education and equal opportunities for women and girls. Founded in 1881, AAUW has a rich history of advocacy, research, and initiatives aimed at breaking down barriers and advancing gender equity in education, the workplace, and society at large. AAUW offers scholarships, fellowships, grants, and educational programs to empower women to achieve their fullest potential.
Non-U.S. citizens have now the chance to pursue graduate or postdoctoral studies in the United States. These fellowships are designed to empower women who aspire to make a difference in their home countries after completing their studies. With a focus on academic excellence and dedication to advancing women’s interests, the program supports women across diverse fields.
the International Fellowships program, a long-standing source of support for women pursuing advanced studies in the United States. This isn’t just a scholarship; it’s a bridge that connects determined minds from around the world. Designed for non-U.S. citizens or permanent residents, the program is particularly meaningful for those who plan to go back to their home countries, using their gained knowledge to shape their nations’ futures. An important feature is the chance to study abroad, especially for members of Graduate Women International, which adds a unique layer of global opportunities.
- Host University: American Association of University Women;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Masters Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 20,000$ – 25,000$;
- Eligible Countries: National and International Students;
- Subjects Available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: November 15th, 2023.
The AAUW International Fellowships for Women are now available for all National, and international students in all fields to have the opportunity to pursue their studies at the American Association of University Women, USA.
The fellowships cover a range of degrees and provide financial support, enabling recipients to become leaders in various domains such as business, government, academia, community engagement, arts, and sciences.
The financial support is substantial:
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
- Doctoral : $25,000
- Postdoctoral : $50,000
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship beyond the U.S. or non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S.
- An academic degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- A commitment to devote full-time to the academic plan during the fellowship year.
- A resolve to return to the home country after studies for a professional career.
- Proficiency in English, evidenced through various accepted components.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants should apply to U.S.-accredited institutions and indicate the institution’s name in their International Fellowship application.
- Doctoral fellowships are tailored for research degrees like Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants need to furnish proof of their doctorate degree, alongside information about their research location.
The Journey Within U.S. Borders: Fellows must be enrolled in a U.S.-accredited institution during the fellowship year, which ensures they immerse themselves fully in the U.S. academic landscape.
Global Possibilities: A select number of awards are set aside for Graduate Women International members, an opportunity to study or research in a country other than their own. This encapsulates the program’s international spirit.
Timeframes and Formats: Fellows can apply for any year of their program, but the study or research must span a full year. Partial-year endeavors aren’t covered. Distance learning or online programs aren’t within the program’s scope, reinforcing its focus on traditional classroom-based education.
The International Fellowships program isn’t just about financial support; it’s about fostering a community of empowered women who will shape the world through their endeavors. From the moments of application to the realization of their academic pursuits, these women become agents of change, embodying the transformative potential of education. Through the curtain of time, the program has evolved, but its essence remains unchanged – to empower women and forge leaders who will champion progress. This isn’t just a scholarship; it’s an invitation to be a part of a legacy that’s been shaping futures for more than a century.
Official Website :
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/